We are a group of Christian women striving to fulfill the promises of our Baptismal Covenant through the adoption of a Rule of Life:
- To continue in the Apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and in the prayers.
- To persevere in resisting evil, and when we fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord.
- To proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ.
- To seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself.
- To strive for justice and peace among all people and to respect the dignity of every human being.
At Confirmation, we promise to pray, work, and give for the spread of Christ’s Kingdom. Through membership in our Order women are:
- Strenghthened through prayer.
- Helped to learn through study.
- Provided a community with other Daughters.
We are a group of women living a Rule of Prayer and Service to our neighbors. We are women to whom parishioners can look for love and for help in time of need, loneliness or strangeness. We seek to walk with God as our guide and try to draw those with whom we come in contact into the Church. We are women who work to spread Christ’s Kingdom here on earth. We can never forget that prayer is the foundation from which our service grows.
“Prayer without work is empty words, service without prayer is labor lost.”
We find The Order of the Daughters of the King to be a safe place in a busy world where we can be together and support each other in Christ’s love.
Duties and Responsibilities of Members
A Daughter will love God and have affection for her neighbors, by the Grace of God. She must always remember that her love for Jesus is only real and true when she does in fact love and practice forbearance to her most unloving neighbors. A Daughter will pray to Jesus who is her intimate friend. She prays regularly and unceasingly, for prayer is a state of being, not just a physical or verbal position. A Daughter’s life is a prayer born or acted out of love, not fear. A Daughter will serve her King and her service to the King of kings is only accomplished when she serves in and through His Family, the Holy Church.
To help accomplish this a Daughter:
- Follows a daily Rule of Life, fulfilling the vows of Prayer and Service.
- Undertakes a personal program of evangelism through prayer and service, working to bring others to Christ through His church.
- Pays her National, Provincial, Diocesan and Chapter dues promptly.
- Participates in offerings to the funds of the Order; the Self-Denial Fund (in-gathering is on February 2), the Master’s Fund (in-gathering is 2 weeks after Pentecost), and the Endowment Fund (in-gathering is on November 1).
- Attends and participates in regular chapter meetings, Diocesan and Provincial Assemblies and cooperates with other church groups whenever possible.
At St. Nichoals we serve by doing the following:
- Maintaining the prayer list and praying daily for the spiritual and physical needs of the parish.
- Sponsoring different events to enhance the spiritual growth of the parish.
- Providing food and visits to parish members who are sick, recovering, shut-in, or in the event of a death.
- Serve lemonade/hot cider after church each Sunday to encourage lingering fellowship among parishioners.
- Sponsor outreach projects for the community (especially as it relates to girls and women).
- Each daughter is required to perform a specific duty individually in the life of the church, i.e., LEM, Altar Guild, Flower Guild, Sunday School Teacher, etc., according to her spiritual gifts and abilities.
- Each daughter attends church faithfully, wears the cross daily, and renders aid to her clergy at all times.
Contact Jennifer Milton at firstname.lastname@example.org